As a Respiratory Therapist in the UCLA Medical Center, you will have access to the absolute latest technology and treatments for the care of your patients. With the possibility of working anywhere in the health system, you'll handle clinical situations ranging from the routine to the highly complex for adult, pediatrics, and neonatal patients.
Assignments include all critical care areas, Emergency Department, medical floors, Operating Room and intensive care units. Perform routine and complex Respiratory Therapy for adult, pediatrics, and neonatal patients.
Assignments may be required to work in any area in the Health System.
You will be working mainly night shifts and may require rotating on night shifts.
· CA - RCP
· RRT Degree: AA/AS
· Registered Respiratory Therapist by The National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC)
· 2 years or more of NICU experience within the last 5 years
· 3 years of RRT experience
· NPS preferred
Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated knowledge and skill in all theories and practices of current Respiratory Therapy.
· Ability to determine appropriate modes of care when provided with a care plan by physician.
· Ability to communicate effectively with physicians, nurses, and co-workers.
· Skill in set-up, monitoring and troubleshooting all Respiratory Equipment.
· Ability to provide excellent service, promote customer satisfaction, provide quality care and create a positive, progressive and friendly environment throughout the entire UCLA Healthcare Community, while maintaining the confidentiality of patients and families
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.