Help define and deliver the highest standards of clinical care within a world-renowned health system. Guide, motivate and inspire an exceptional team of nursing professionals. Advance a culture of Magnet® designated, Beacon award-winning excellence. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
As the Unit Director on our Cardiac & Thoracic Surgery Unit, you will Lead and develop nurses who provide comprehensive care to individuals on our 26 bed acute care unit. Your expertise will ensure the delivery of outstanding, compassionate care to patients at the most critical moments.
We’re seeking a strong nursing leader with a current California RN license and:
· MSN or BSN with a Master’s degree in a related field
· 3 or more years of previous acute care experience as an RN
· 2-5 years of progressive management experience
· 3 or more years of management experience
· Nursing leadership certification (e.g., ANCC or AONL) preferred
· Proven expertise in clinical, staff and fiscal management
· Strong communication, organizational, prioritizing and teaching skills
· Ability to foster positive working relationships with staff, patients and families
UCLA Health is an internationally-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles. We are also home to the world-class clinical, academic and research capabilities of the David Geffen School of Medicine. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles’ trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, UCan at UCLA Health.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.