Memorial Hospital loves the community we serve and the wonderful employees that keep us a 5 Star Hospital. If you are looking to take your RN Talent to a new level, come be a part of our team! We have excellent pay and excellent retirement and insurance. We pay extra for your RN experience, Bachelors Degree in Nursing and Master's Degree in Nursing!
Hurry and Apply TODAY!
12 hours Night Shift and works every third weekend.
Requires IL Nursing License, BLS, CPR, ACLS, PALS. Applicants should be able to lift 35 pounds without assistance and have good writing and communication skills, along with ability to work in a team atmosphere. Prefer experience of a minimum of 2 years in Critical Care.
REGISTERED NURSE JOB DESCRIPTION
• Minimum – Associate Degree Nurse
• Clinical Skills, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Nursing Skills, Physiological Knowledge, Administering Medication, Medical Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Listening, Verbal Communication, Health Promotion and Maintenance
• Licensure: Illinois RN License in good standing
o Annual education, skills and competencies required by MH
o ACLS & PALS or ENPC (within 1 year)
o Requires a degree with clinical experience
o Preferred 2 year nursing experience
• Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives.
• Effective communication and customer service skills.
• Maintain positive culture and attitude
• Must be able to multitask and keep organized
• Prioritize and perform critical thinking
• Follows and supports MH’s Mission, Vision and Service Excellence
• Must be able to use:
o Electronic Health Record
o Payroll and time keeping system
o Hospital information systems
o Microsoft systems
o Radiology viewing software
o Medication Dispensing system
o Patient Care Equipment
• Employee, Patient, Physician, and Public Relationships
o Meeting and interacting with and influencing employees, patients and their families, physicians, other organizations, and the general public, whether by telephone, correspondence or personal contact.
o Considers the nature, frequency and importance of inside or outside contacts and their possible effect on the hospital’s operations, or employee, patient, physician and public relations.
o Must have the ability to recognize problems and react accordingly.
o Must understand their limitations and work within them.
o Must be able to make critical decisions and think clearly.
o Must be able to plan care, use resources, and solve problems that are involved with patient care and nursing.
o Must be able to function well in stressful situations.
o Must be able to move to different assignments on short notice.
o Must stay current and maintain competencies for specialty areas, if applicable.
o Must protect the private and confidential matters of patients and employees.
o Must maintain all HIPPA laws, requirements and regulations.
Responsibility for Errors, Losses and Process:
o Carrying out instructions and orders from the supervisor, leadership and providers (Physicians, PA, NP, CRNA), and
o Questioning when in doubt, and
o Admitting to error, and
o Taking measures to prevent similar errors.
o Reporting any losses, errors or injuries that involve a patient, employee, equipment or occur on MH property.
• Responsible for taking precautionary measures to prevent or minimize errors
Responsibility for Safety:
• Responsible for the safety of patients, coworkers, visitors and self, by being knowledgeable of all policies/procedures regarding safety (Infection control, electrical safety, patient safety, falls, etc.).
Supervision of Others:
• Responsible for all direct and indirect patient care provided by self, LPN’s and Nursing assistants, on the team.
• Responsible for all results that occur from the team’s care.
• Typing – Continuously >67% of time
• Reaching, twisting, bending – Occasionally up to 33% of time
• Standing – Continuously >67% of time
• Sitting – Occasionally up to 33% of time
• Carrying, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 35 lbs. for females, and 50 lbs. for males, without assistance, rarely <6% of time.
• Good Vision to perform visual assessments, inspections and alarms needed for patient care, continuously >67% of time.
• Good Hearing to perform audio assessments, inspections and alarms needed for patient care, continuously >67% of time.