Job Title: Staff Registered Professional Nurse, ICU
Position Summary: Responsible for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of direct care to assigned patients with simple to complex health care needs.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing holding current New Jersey license. B.S.N. degree preferred.
Experience: Prefer a minimum one-year current clinical experience
Certification: Current NJ License. Required BLS & NRP through American Heart Association. National certification related to specialty area preferred.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Delivers patient care in accordance with the ANA Scope and Standards of Care and Practice, Patient Bill of Rights and the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses.
- Delivers patient care in accordance with specialty specific standards (e.g. Oncology Nurses Association, American Association of Critical Care Nurses) as appropriate
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the patient plan of care according to changing health care needs.
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient teaching using appropriate education resources and evaluates the effectiveness of the teaching.
- Models effective leadership skill through role modeling, mentoring and effective communication. Assumes charge nurse responsibilities as assigned.
- Directly delegates and supervises the practice of ancillary staff (LPN’s, PCA’s, Tech’s, Unit Secretaries, etc.) and is knowledgeable of the tenets of the NJ Scope of Practice guidelines.
- Supports a professional practice environment by functioning as a role model and resource person and also functions as a preceptor for nursing staff and participates in the orientation of other unit employees.
- Participates in unit-based and organization-wide activities, committees and community activities as appropriate
- Identifies own learning needs with respect to nursing practice and pursues educational support to meet these needs.
- Routinely utilizes Evidence Based Practice literature, policy and procedure manuals and other available reference materials to ensure consistency and accuracy in the delivery of care.
- Participates actively in the Performance Improvement process to evaluate the quality of nursing care delivered to patients
Please mention you found this job on CriticalCareers.com